1. Amelia Mini Bag / 2. Sunglasses / 3. Jewelry Bag / 4. Initial Bracelets (TW for Team Wiking!) / 5. Fancy Earrings / 6. Gel Coat / 7. Maxi Dress (similar) / 8. Shirt Dress / 9. Romper (similar) / 10. Blog-A-Lot Tee / 11. White V-Neck / 12. Neutral Tank / 13. Black Tunic/Dress / 14. Striped Skirt / 15. Cropped Pants / 16. Malliot Swimsuit / 17. Blazer / 18. Shopping Bags / 19. Split Loafers / 20. Shoe Bag / 21. Big Tote / 22. Comfy heels
This Travel Light post is very near and dear to me, as I live about 10 minutes away from San Jose, California. The weather varies in the summer and ranges anywhere from a balmy 90F to a comfortable 75F.
A couple of years ago I attended a BlogHer conference a couple of years ago and was unsure of what to pack. I feel like I have a better grasp on packing and blogging conferences now so I put together a Travel Light post for those who might feel a little lost. For those staying extra days, this will come in handy, and for those who aren’t, pay close attention to Days 4-6. Hopefully this will free up some space in your luggage for any goodies you plan to bring home.
1. Amelia Mini Bag - Can be worn as a crossbody or fanny.
2. Sunglasses - Good for all around wear, you’re in California!
3. Jewelry Bag - Don’t lose your goodies. Keep in safe.
4. Initial Bracelets - Something festive. I’d get TW for Team Wiking.
5. Fancy Earrings - Or anything else to dress up an evening out
6. Gel Coat - This is my go-to top coat. Will last a week.
7. Maxi Dress (similar) – Casual, can be dressed up with blazer.
8. Shirt Dress - Versatile, dress up or down.
9. Romper (similar) – Perfect day-to-night wear.
10. Blog-A-Lot Tee - Fun for a slow and comfy day.
11. White V-Neck - Comfortable and versatile.
12. Neutral Tank - Pair with multiple items.
13. Black Tunic/Dress - Dress up or down. Use as pool cover.
14. Striped Skirt - Another versatile piece.
15. Cropped Pants - Easily transformed from casual to dressy.
16. Malliot Swimsuit - Can also be worn as a top with dress or skirt, under.
17. Blazer - Use to keep warm inside conference or at night.
18. Shopping Bags - These are light and fold small when not in use.
19. Split Loafers - Professional and stylish.
20. Shoe Bag - I don’t like to get my other clothes dirty.
21. Big Tote - Perfect for travel days, carrying items.
22. Comfy heels - This stacked heel is much more practical than stilettos.
I’ve planned out a little itinerary for those who plan to make a substantial trip out of it. Again, if you are only coming for the conference you will want to pay attention to days 4-6.
Day 1 Arrive a few days before conference
Day 2 Relax, have a pool day.
Day 3 Finishing Touches
Day 4 Register / Pathfinder Day / Evening at the Expo Day 5 Conference Day-to-Night Day 6 Conference Day-to-Night
Day 7 Check out (or stay awhile)
Day 8 San Jose Museum of Art
Day 9 Post-Conference Meetings
Day 10 Head home Some other items that I like to pack are more obvious:
Phone - This is a given.
iPad – For browsing / checking in on blog.
Camera(s) – I use a different one at night.
Chargers & battery backups – Yet another given.
Notebooks – I like to take notes by hand.
Pens / Pencils – I like options.
Business Cards / Holder - I keep a box in my purse and holder in hand.